To date we have had a good response from some of you, on the issue that ACC currently doesn’t fund any outdoor maintenance and only some indoor maintenance for client’s homes, which was great,
THANK YOU if you have already replied. Below are the potential issues we have received at least 2 or more responses on from our networks, but if possible we would like to try and build a stronger evidence base. If this list helps jolt your memory on a problem you have had around your home we would love to hear your story, which could help all of us to get a better deal from ACC.
- There are tasks that clients used to perform pre-injury.
- Expectation on friends and family to perform home and grounds maintenance.
- Financial burden of paying for tasks that could be completed pre-injury.
- Health and safety risk to clients when attempting external maintenance.
- Health and safety risk to clients when attempting internal maintenance e.g. changing light bulbs, smoke alarm batteries etc.
- Clients could re-injure themselves attempting maintenance leading to increased liability for ACC.
- Inconsistent application of legislation and / or policy.
- Potential risk to client’s homes.
Regards Brendan Tourelle
Serious injury Advisory Group